Saturday, October 16, 2010

Bouquets and Boutonnieres

I started this blog to help me keep the creative juices flowing as well as inspire others to comment or share their ideas or experiences.

This specific post is dedicated to the bouquets and boutonnieres. Flowers are extremely expensive, and although beautiful - always die! Jesse has never gotten me flowers during out entire time dating, for the very same reasons. Since flowers are not symbolic in our relationship, I thought that I would attempt to create something meaningful that will last.

My idea is to make paper flowers out of maps of places that we have traveled together: Mexico, Belize, Scotland, and Chile. Traveling is one of our passions, and it would be great to incorporate it in some way. I would also love to include a map of San Luis Obispo where we met, fell in love, and where he proposed.

I think the first thing I have to do is watch "How to" videos and purchase an instructional book as well as practice before I order the maps.

I may also have to invite friends over to help with the flower making process as we will have to make A LOT! But, hey, I do make a mean margarita!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment